Focus-Grow Bookkeepers, your in-house accountants.Resources
Below are resources we use regularly. They are all high quality resources that are either very affordable or free.
- Nolo books—Self-help law books that can answer questions like whether you should structure your business as an LLC or a Corporation, or how to form a California Corporation. Check out www.nolo.com or the public library for books.
- Small Business Administration—The SBA offers many free workshops on managing and growing your business in the areas of finance, legal issues, and marketing. Check out http://www.sba.gov/events zipcode 94105 for events.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Employment Development Department (EDD)—To get forms and publications, visit www.irs.gov and www.edd.ca.gov.
- Board of Equalization (BOE)—Find out about sales tax rates for different cities. See www.boe.ca.gov.
- Homestead.com—Use this site to build and host your own website—it’s easy, looks professional and is very reasonably priced.
- VerticalResponse.com—Launch an easy and low-cost email campaign.
- VistaPrint.com—Design your own or use templates for great looking business cards or marketing materials for next to nothing.
- Istockphoto.com—Find quality, inexpensive stock photos for your graphics needs.